- Speaker was Dr. Rekha Jain (Medicaps University, HOD Mathematics)
- Department of Applied Mathematicshad conducted an Expert Talk on “Fuzzy Sets and Logics – Concepts and Applications” on 01.2018.
The aforementioned topic was a highly relevant one for all the Engineering and Science streams. The session was subdivided into two halves by the expert speaker. In first half basics of Fuzzy sets and membership functions along with some real life examples were explained, along with the explanation of difference between classical set theory and fuzzy set theory. Second half was comprised of:
- Concepts of Fuzzy Relations
- Fuzzy Logics
- Fuzzy Operations
- Concepts of Fuzzification and Defuzzification
Several real life connected applications were brought in light by the speaker in order to connect the participants with the concepts.
FDP on “Concepts of Probability”
- Department of Applied Mathematicshad conducted a Faculty Development Program, The speaker Dr. Aarti Sharma had taken a session on the topic “Concepts of Probability” (with Random Variables & Distributions) on 24th February 2018. The members of the department attended the session.
Name of Event: Tree Plantation Drive
- A Tree Plantation Program has been organized successfully by the Mathematics Department in AITR in the presence of our esteemed guests on 24th June 2017. The motive of Tree Plantation is to create awareness in order to save Environment and to make it more green and clean and also to encourage young students towards Green India Program. The Program was inaugurated by the Vice-Chairman (Academics) Dr. Shamsher Singh and, Director Dr. S.C. Sharma at 11 a.m.
Name of Event: Tree Plantation Drive
- Applied Chemistry Department organized the Tree Plantation Event under the Green Initiative of Acropolis Group on 21st June 2017. The special guests were Mrs Nirupama Sharma,President of Innerwheel Club of Indore Sankalp, Dr. Vandana Telgote, Professor & Head Index Medical College and members of Innerwheel Club. Dr. Shamsher Singh, Vice Chairman (Academics) AITR and Dr. S.C. Sharma, Director AITR were also present along with faculties and students. The Event was coordinated by Ms Vibhuti Vyas under the guidance of Dr. S.S. Chawda.
Name of Event: Rural Visit
Date: 21 Nov.2015,17 Dec. 2016, 3 May 2017
Department of Humanities conducted Rural Visit under the subject Rural Outreach consecutive 3 years for the students of BE 1st year, in which they were taken to the villages Sula Khedi, Dakachiya, Mangliya and Rahukhedi. The objective of the visit was to make an analytical study of socio-cultural aspects of the rural areas as well as to make villagers aware of the basic schemes and policies of the government proposed for them. The visit offered students an opportunity to interact with the villagers and enquired about their way of life; their social and economical condition; their culture; potability of water; girls’ education; health and hygiene; child welfare; cottage industries etc. Students visited schools, hospitals, local market and aanganvadi, and interrogated the concern authorities. They also met sarpanch and Gram Panchayat members and interviewed them to know about their way of working as well as their contribution in village development. Street Plays on various topics were also performed by the students highlighting the common problems faced by the villagers in their day to day life.
Name of Event: Project Mania
Humanities Department organized an exhibition ‘Project Mania’ on May 29, 2017 for BE II Semester students based on the principle “LEARN BY FUN”. More than 350 students participated in the exhibition and displayed their creativity through various charts based on English grammar and language skills. Students also prepared working and non-working models like Ideal Village, Water Harvesting Plant, Refrigerator, A.C., Mixer, Washing Machine, Projector, and gave wonderful exposition of their talent.
The Exhibition was inaugurated by the Vice-Chairman (Academics), Dr. Shamsher Sing and the Director, Dr. S.C. Sharma at 11 a.m., who not only visited the exhibition but also asked questions to the students related to their work and gave their valuable feedback.
Name of Event: Tree Plantation Drive
Department of Humanities organised Tree Plantation Drive under the “Green Initiative” of Acropolis Group on July 11, 2017. The distinguished guests for the event were the office-bearers and members of the Lions Club, Indore (Dynamic). The faculties of Humanities department Ms. Meera Shroti, Ms. Roopali Jain, Ms. Vanshika Gangwani and Ms. Garima Dubey exhibited their readiness and exuberance to make the event successful. The gracious presence of the Vice Chairman (Academics), Dr. Shamsher Sing and the Director, Dr. S.C. Sharma; and their enthusiastic participation not only infused the environment with immense energy but also made the guests feel at home. The presence of Dr. Prasanna Shah (HoD, Physics) and Mr. Nimish Tiwari (Liaison Officer), though for a short while, was encouraging. In the end of the event, all the guests were presented with holy basil saplings as a token of memory.
FDP on Communication Skills
Department of Humanities organised Faculty Development Programme on ‘Communication Skills’. The resource persons were Prof. Sumitra Joshi(AITR) and Prof. Neha Maheshwari(ATC). The programme omprised of two sessions in which the first session was taken by Prof. Sumitra Joshi who covered the topic, ‘Silly Mistakes That Make You Look Silly’ whereas the second session on ‘Improve Your Impression Through Effective Communication’ was taken by Prof. Neha Maheshwari. The program was coordinated by Dr. Anita Mahajan (HoD-IT). 68 faculties from AITR attended the FDP and participated with full enthusiasm and zeal. Both the sessions were interactive and engrossing. The eminent presence of the Director Dr. S. C. Sharma on the occasion was really encouraging and his concluding words of wisdom filled the environment with spark.
- Aarti Sharma Conducted a Sketch competition “Stroke the Sketch” under the hobby Club ‘Yavnika’ on 6th oct 2012.The activity helps the students to explore their hidden talents through imagination and Creativity. On this Day the students of the institute were awarded with winner and Runner position.
- ASH Department conducted Mathematics Day “Math-O-Mania”an Inter College Event on28/12/12 in AITR Campus. Pro-gramme was Inaugurated in the presence of Chief guest Mr.Sanjay Agrawal an expert of Vedic Mathematics,Principal AITR Dr. Kamal Bharani,HOD ASH Dr. Anita THakur, which was followed by Sanjay Sir’s magical Number tricks. Event has thought provoking activities like sudoku Marathon,Quiz and Math-Rangoli which was appreciated by students by taking part in all. on this day students were getting many exciting prizes.
The event is co-ordinated by Ms. Aarti Sharma Prof.(Maths) and Mark a success on behalf of all ASH team members.
‘Antakshari: The Musical Journey’
- “Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent.”
― Victor Hugo.
‘Antakshari’ , the musical journey, was organized under the banner of ‘Yavnika Hobby Club’ on 3rd November 2012. At first the program was inaugurated by enlightening the lamp in front of Maa Saraswati. This was graced by Dr. Kamal Bharani (Principal), Mr. Gaurav Chaitanya ( Secretary-Yavnika Hobby Club), Dr. Anupama Tiwari( Convener) and as judges we had Prof. Kavita Sharma and Mr. Aman Pandey. Prof. Kavita Sharma is a renowned socialist and event convener in SVITS, Indore. Mr. Aman pandey is placed in TCS and a well known singer of AITR, Indore.
Ten teams of various departments participated and showed their skills in the event. Competition consists of two rounds, semifinal and final. The unique rounds include: Last Word, Tune round, Video, Theme, Props, Match the Mismatch and Audio- Video round. These rounds added the inquisitiveness among the audience. The team ‘MCA ki Tarang’ grabbed the winner position and ‘IT ki Jhankar’ runner up position.
The program was coordinated by Acropolis students Mahesh Yadav and Neha Raikawar. Technical assistance was given by Sanjay Mahor. Theme based anchoring was performed by Mahesh Yadav, Avik Verma, Sakshi Shrivastawa and Garima Pasari. Discipline was maintained by the team of Shubhendra Singh Chouhan. Kanika Warmen was the scorer. Welcome note and Vote of thanks was anticipated by the event convener Dr. Anupama Tiwari. The event was a victorious , flourishing and booming attempt.
Kavi Sammelan in Institute
- Indore, October 20, 2012: Every engineer has skills of being a poet, keeping this in mind, Acropolis Institute of Technology & Research, Indore organized ‘Kavi Sammelan’ in campus. The program was inaugurated by lighting of lamp by Dr. Kamal Bharani (Principal), Prof. Gaurav Chaitnya (Secretary, Yavnika Hobby Club), Prof. Prashant Geete (Associate Prof., Mechanical Dept.) and Prof. Anshu Thakur (Associate Prof., FMS Dept.).
The judges, Prof. Prashant Geete, B.Music in Tabla and Prof. Anshu Thakur, having special interest in dance and music, appreciated the performances and announced Mahesh Yadav at first place, Vivek Mehta at second place and Mohd. Aamir Ahmed at third place as the winners.The program was coordinated by Acro students, Aparna Sharma and Mahesh Yadav. Welcome note was given by Prof. Sumitra Joshi. Vote of thanks was proposed by Prof. Meera Shroti.