Civil Engineering Department, Acropolis Institute of Technology and Research (AITR) is one of the best departments in Central India. The department is well equipped with highly qualified faculties and state-of-art laboratories. Some of the specialties of the department are mentioned below:
- Civil engineering laboratories have NABL accreditation (DST, Govt. of India) for Construction Material Testing, NDTs and for Geo-technical investigations. Ours is the only Institute in Central India which has got this recognition. It gives opportunity to the students to get actual work exposure time to time, and enables them to understand the concepts in a better way. Civil Engineering Testing Laboratory is also an approved facility by the MP State Government (PIU-PWD, MPAKVN, MPRDC, REC, etc.) for quality checks of the construction projects in all the districts of M.P.
- In order to keep the students updated as per industry requirements, we do train them on various civil engineering software which among others include,
- MSP etc
In addition to these trainings, students do have the access to about 40 other civil engineering software which they may specifically choose to work on.
 Department does organize technical seminars, workshops and trainings time-to-time to keep the students aware of any new development. To name a few technical and awareness events organized in the recent past are:
- Workshop on Green Building Recognition Systems (GRIHA & IGBC)
- Workshop on Lead Auditor for Construction Quality Monitoring
- Technical Seminar on Storm Drainage System Designing and Software Application
- National Summit on Smart Cities and Urban Planning
- Workshop on Advanced Surveying Techniques
- Workshop on Building Design
- Workshop on Concrete Mix Design
- Technical Seminar on Smart Construction Materials and Structural Health Monitoring
- National Seminar on Construction Industry and Smart Development
- Seminar on Preparing Technical Workforce of Tomorrow in collaboration with ISTE (MP-CG Section)
- SMARTathon: A Marathon to Make the City Smart
- Theme: Sanitation and Public Hygiene (Swachcha Bharat Abhiyan), Smart Utility of Water, Air Pollution Control, Traffic Sensitization, Moral Values and Ethics (Women Empowerment, Protecting Public Property etc.)
- SMARTmove: Smart Citizens Smart City, Cycle Rally-cum-Walkathon
- Theme: Clean City, Green City, Be Fit to be Hit, Save Energy, Save Fuel, Traffic Sensitization, Moral values and Ethics
- On-site industrial trainings during summer vacation and, industrial visits on a regular basis are arranged for the students, enabling them to get the practical exposure at construction project sites.
- The department can boast of excellent team of faculty members from top national level institutions including IIT and NITs. Many well experienced technocrats and academicians also come regularly to teach the students as visiting faculty.
The department offers B.E. and Diploma in civil engineering with an intake of 120 and 60 students respectively. The credibility of the department has also been indicated at admission counseling, as many top students opt to join our courses by giving first preference.
The Acropolis Group’s another college (i.e. Acropolis Technical Campus) situated at Indore itself also offers B.E. Civil Engineering with an intake of 120 students.
Salient Features of the Department :-
Environmental Engineering Laboratory
A full range of research equipment used for environmental analysis of water, the laboratory has specialized instruments, including. B.O.D. incubator (automatic) with Digital Controller and accessories for BOD Analysis digital ph meter for ph Analysis, DO(DISOLVE OXYGEN) meter, Turbidity meter, Conductivity meter are some major equipment available in the laboratory for research, testing and consultancy purpose along with experiment by the students.
Fluid Mechanics Laboratory
Fluid Mechanics laboratory is well equipped with different models as well as experimental setups.
Geotechnical Engineering Laboratory
Material Testing Laboratory
The facilities available in this laboratory are testing the structural engineering students. properties of various materials like cement, bricks, aggregates, concrete etc. The research and consultancy work is actively carried out in this laboratory such as testing of various types of cement properties, properties of aggregates, mix design of concrete for various grades etc.
Structural Engineering Laboratory
Two Hinge Arch Apparatus, Three Hinge Arch Apparatus, Maxwell’s Reciprocal Theorem Apparatus, Deflection of Curved Members Apparatus, Deflection of Simply Supported Beam, Unsymmetrical Bending Apparatus, Behavior of Column Apparatus, Rigid Jointed Apparatus , Portal Frame Apparatus. Pin Jointed Truss Apparatus.
Transportation Engineering Laboratory
Equipment :- Los Angeles Abrassion Testing Machine, Bitumen Extractor, Marshal Stability Test Apparatus.
Surveying and Mechanics Laboratory
Surveying lab is well set and Equipped with so many facilities.
Total Station, GIS, Theodolite (Digital and simple both), Dumpy Level, Prismatic Compass, Bell Crane Apparatus, Simply Supported Beam, Jib Crane Apparatus, Gravesend’s Apparatus and Accessories.
Engineering Geology Laboratory
Sample of all the Rocks which have been covered in course. Globes, Chart of rocks and many more facilities.
Basic Civil Engineering Laboratory