The department of Electronics and Communication Engineering headed by Prof. UBS Chandrawat runs with the mission that states, “The Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering intends to impart quality degree programs. The programs emphasize on fundamental principles to create technological excellence and exceptional ability in the students and to inculcate in them professional, social and ethical values.”
The department has an intake of 120 students per year for its B.E. program and 18 students per year for each of its two M. Tech. Programs, namely Digital Communication, and VLSI Design & Embedded systems. The department has well qualified faculty members including one Professor, one Associate Professor, six Assistant Professors and eighteen Lecturers having excellent experience and qualifications including Ph.D., M.Tech., M.E. and B.E. contributing to the development of students and department as a whole. The department also has trained technical supporting staff members, who complement the faculty in the laboratories.
Department has eleven state-of-art laboratories including Advance Communication, DSP, VLSI, UHF & VHF, Simulation, Microelectronics, Micro system, Electronics design, Research and Basic Electrical Engineering laboratory equipped with hardware and software meeting the latest curriculum of RGPV, Bhopal. Modern devices and gadgets including spectrum analyzers, digital storage oscilloscopes, LAN trainers make the institute a premier one in the vicinity of Indore. We also have a separate Computer-centre-cum-Simulation lab equipped with over 40 computers having latest configuration and software tools including MATLAB, Modelsim, Xilinx, Kiel, 4NEC2, LabView and TinaPro, etc., which support the laboratories in simulation and layout design of hardware and electronics project.
Working environment of the department is cohesive and congenial, having good interaction among students, faculty and supporting staff, and also with the neighboring R& D institutions and local industries. The department has seen good placements with premier industries, several students are selected in GATE and GRE and CAT.
- BE ECE : 120
- MTech Embedded System & VLSI Design : 18
- Regular updating of lab experiments.
- Improvement in teaching methodology using various A/V aids including LCD Multimedia display, OHP, Digital notepad etc.
- Departmental Library with access to more than 400 national and international journals and magazines through PROQUEST online E-Library.
- Digital Library with access to video lectures of professors from IITs.
- Distance Education Learning Centre of ISRO – EDUSAT.
- Laptops are provided to the students on very subsidized cost.
- Scholarship to meritorious and financially backward students.
- Learning material development including lab manuals and lecture notes.
- Industry – Institute interaction with Printronics Pvt. Ltd., Scientech Technologies Pvt. Ltd. and Epsilon Pvt. Ltd.
- Institute – Institute interaction with IIT Bombay, IIT Indore IIM Indore and RRCAT, Indore.
- Professional societies such as IEEE student chapter.
- Involvement of students in department-development activities.
- Industrial visits and expert lectures from eminent guest faculties etc.
- Department is WI-FI Enabled.