Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical (NBA Accredited) Stream is affiliated to Rajiv Gandhi Technical University (RGTU), Bhopal, Approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), and the statutory body of the Govt. of India. The Department of Mechanical Engineering is continuously striving to achieve excellence in education, academic and industry oriented research as well as consultancy work with service to the society.
We aim to provide our students with a perfect blend of intellectual and practical experiences that helps them to serve our society and address a variety of needs. At the end of our program, students are prepared for entry-level work as a mechanical engineer as well as for the post-graduate study in mechanical engineering or in another discipline, where a fundamental engineering background constitutes a desirable foundation.
Academic course work and projects are designed to endow students with the ability to apply knowledge of science, mathematics, and engineering, and the capability to work effectively in multidisciplinary teams, providing leadership and technical expertise. With a solid grounding in the principles and practice of mechanical engineering, our undergraduates are ready to engage in ethical approaches to engineering, with concern for society and the environment.
Vision of the Institute
To be an academic leader for the development of human potential so as to meet the global challenges.
Mission of Institute
- To create an intellectually stimulating learning environment.
- To impart value based, innovative, and research oriented education.
- To develop positive attitude with communication skills.
- To increase employability and entrepreneurship through collaboration with industries and professional organizations.
Vision of Department
To be a place where the quality education, research and outreach programs synergize for the benefit of society through Mechanical Engineering.
Mission of Department
To produce leaders in the Mechanical Engineering profession who are strong in fundamentals & new technologies; practically oriented, research oriented, value driven and well groomed technocrats for professionals and entrepreneurial carrier.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The program educational objective of Mechanical Engineering Department is to produce graduate mechanical engineers who:
|PEO 1||The students will have strong foundation in mathematics, science and engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate, and analyze engineering problems and have strong interpersonal and analytical ability for solving engineering & applications in design, manufacturing, materials, automobile and thermal engineering / fluid systems in the industry.|
|PEO 2||The student will foster innovation, invention and entrepreneurship by transforming the student’s ideas to proof-of-concepts for high-tech applications and novel solutions for real life problems.|
|PEO 3||The students will have ability for pursuing higher education, research and development in science and technology.|
|PEO 4||The students will inculcate a culture & attitude of the continuous learning and to develop ethical code and practices in professional career and society.|
News letters of Mechanical Engineering Department
- January – 2018 (Volume 4, Issue 1)
- July – 2017 (Volume 3, Issue 2)
- January – 2017( Volume 3, Issue 1)
- July – 2016(Volume 2, Issue 2)
- January – 2016(Volume 2, Issue 1)
- July – 2015(Volume 1, Issue 1)
ME Laboratories & Facilities
The Mechanical Engineering Department is richest in terms of lab facilities available for hands on experience and practices to the Student. The department is having 18 well equipped Labs/ Workshop. They are:
- Basic Mechanical Engineering
- Engineering Graphics
- Workshop Practice
- Manufacturing Process
- Strength of Materials
- Theory of Machine & Mechanics
- Fluid Mechanics
- Machine Drawing & CAD
- Energy Conversion
- Mechanical Measurement & Control
- Dynamics of Machine
- Design of Machine Element
- Thermal Engineering and Gas Dynamics
- Metal Cutting and CNC Machines
- Heat & Mass transfer
- Computer Aided Engineering
- Mechanical Vibration & Noise Engineering
- Operation Research & Supply Chain
- Automobile engineering
- Machine Design
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning
- Minor Project & Seminar
- Industrial Training
- Computer Programming-I
- Computer Programming-II
- Material Technology
- Machine Tool Technology
- Modern Practices in Manufacturing and Management
- Power Plant Engineering
- We have well equipped class rooms with projectors & laptop.
- We have experienced faculties who are specialized in different fields.
- Stress free learning audio-video classrooms, seminar halls, board rooms, discussion rooms with modern furniture, LCD and OHP, exclusive facilities for tutorial, workshops make studying at AITR a pleasure.
- Well Equipped Laboratories of Thermal Engineering, Fluid Mechanics, I.C. Engines, HMT, Machine Drawing & Design, Theory of Machines, Work shop.
- Wi-Fi zone and Leased Line Internet.
- Departmental Library with More than 2000 books and no. of National and International Journals and subscription of magazines.
- On line lectures of National and International Experts through EDUSAT.
- Regular Industrial visits for practical exposure.
- Technical and Soft Skill Training for campus selection like Auto CAD, Basics and advance Design in CREO and analysis using HYPERWORKS.
- We are also Planning for Consultancy Programs.
- We organize guest lecturers of experts from Industries.