To promote streak of entrepreneurship among students from various disciplines and to help the future entrepreneurs in enhancing their knowledge and skills, Centre for Entrepreneurship was established in 2008. The Centre seeks to impart skills as well as act as a catalyst and incubator for entrepreneurial activities.
The centre has established strategic linkages with (NIESBUD) An Autonomous Institute under Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises EDI Ahmedabad the Indus Entrepreneurs, (TiE), ISOEL International School of entrepreneurial leadership USA and National Entrepreneurship Network, Bangalore (NEN) and also is in the process of establishing working relationship with various other national and international organizations.
E Cell is a student driven and faculty guided entrepreneurship cell at Acropolis Group under leadership of Ms.Anupama Modi. The mission of cell is to facilitate the education and development of students seeking to capitalize on their entrepreneurial spirit. We strive to foster innovation and creativity and support the students in their professional development.
In consonance with the above, Cell has the following goals:
- To disseminate knowledge and insights in entrepreneurial theory and practice through lectures activities and workshops.
- To collaborate with similar bodies in other B-schools & technology institutes to accomplish the objectives.
- To seek tie-ups with Non-profit Entrepreneurial organizations connecting E Cell to global network of entrepreneurs.
- To create a strong network of successful entrepreneurs who would like to guide budding entrepreneurs.
- Starting Innovation incubation center
- Starting Campus Companies
- Ecosystem for early stage entrepreneurs “ STARTUPS”
E Cell act as a facilitator and resource institution to motivate, guide and help prospective and existing entrepreneurs in their entrepreneurial endeavors through positive training and interventions.
E Cell operates under various verticals as below-
Srijan @ Acropolis North Campus
CIED @ Acropolis South Campus (Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurial Development )
Awareness Cell engages students into all those activities that Creating awareness about Entrepreneurship among the students. The main objective is to inspire students and help them discover their strengths, weaknesses and interest areas.
Student Venture Mentoring Unit
SVMU specially focuses on doing activities that will help students to build real knowledge on entrepreneurship. Target audience being aspiring entrepreneurs and student entrepreneurs SVMU runs various courses and workshops on starting up and scaling business. It also engages students through mentoring.
Intellectual Property Protection Cell
Acropolis Yi Net under aegis of Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) in association with NEN National Entrepreneurship Network has setup the Intellectual Property Protection Centre (IPPC) at Indore, with state of the art IP assistance ,promote & facilitate IP activities across colleges in the state. IPPC Acropolis Indore focus on Innovators, Academia and communities, in an integrated manner, which is vital for the technical institutes & State both in terms of Industrial growth & overall Socio Economic development. It is a single window for capturing new developments across the institutes & region and assisting them for filing for intellectual property with CII IPFC and FormulateIP.
IPPC Acropolis Indore renders almost all kinds of IPR assistance & preliminary services – like Patents, Copyrights, Designs, Geographical Indications etc . It conducts a number of workshops and programmes to boost IP awareness among academic & startup ecosystem in the region.
Also runs an IPR Course.
( Supporting students and community entrepreneurs)
The first ever Indore Entrepreneur Network is a start-up chapter of the early stage entrepreneurs and start-ups from Indore to support the startup ecosystem in the city. Since its inception in the year 2013 it has grown from 8 members to a community of 200+ startups. And It’s almost a year now that IEN has been working as a structured Startup Network in Central India & contributed the most in creating a healthy Ecosystem for the Startups & Entrepreneurs in the region.
Year 2015-2016 witnessed various impactful events/seminars for the growth of startups.
Family Business Cell
Family Business Cell conducts activities pertaining to encouragement and mentoring to students to join their family businesses.
( To encourage students to read and write)
YuvAcro is the CII Young Indians Chapter of Acropolis Group.
Young Indians (Yi) which is an integral part of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), a non-government, not-for-profit, industry led and industry managed organisation playing a proactive role in India’s development process.
Formed in the year 2002 with an objective of creating a platform for young Indians to realize the dream of a developed nation. Yi has around 2350 direct members in 37 chapters, and engages around 10500 students through chaupals, under the brand ‘Yuva’.
Yi works broadly in the following areas-
- Education and Skill
- Arts (Sports and Culture)
- Social Initiatives
With Thirteen years of glorious past and decades ahead that promise nothing short, Yi intends to become a larger movement of young people and promote the attitude of “We Can, We Will”
YuvAcro has been one of the most prominent chapters in the nation. Some of our past achievements have been-
- The Best Yi Chapter of the region- 2014/2015
- Best Yi Student of the Region (2013/2014)
- National Best Yi Activity Award for Mission BlackBoard (2014)
- National Best Faculty Award to Mr Atul N Bharat (2014)
- Best Activity Award for Soccer League 2016
- Champions Soccer League (2015/2016)
- Donated 100+ First Aid Kits to rural families
- National Debate Competition Winners
CLIX, Photography Club
- Accelerate Industrial development by increasing the supply of entrepreneurs.
- Enlarging the small and medium enterprise sectors, which offer better potential for employment generation.
- Augmenting the supply of competent entrepreneurs through training.
- Inculcating the spirit of ‘Entrepreneurship’ in youth.
Delivered 12 SAP Full life cycle projects and several development/Upgrade/roll out projects. Delivered global Application Management Services-projects ex. “General Motors” account