National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL) which is an initiative by seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee) and Indian Institute of Science (IISc) for creating course contents in engineering and science. The NPTEL project is fully funded by MHRD, government of India and is in association with NASSCOM.
As a outcome of which they have come up with 372 + video courses and 398 + web courses expected to cover materials that could be delivered in approximately forty hours. Five engineering branches (Civil, Computer Science, Electrical, Electronics and Communication and Mechanical) and core science programmes that all engineering students are required to take in their undergraduate engineering programme in India were chosen initially.
Contents and course material in the form of video and lecture notes for the above courses are based on the model curriculum suggested by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and the syllabi of major affiliating Universities in India.
Consequently it has become the largest video repository of technical lecture-courses in the world in the streaming video format and will be helpful to everyone who is interested in enhancing his/her knowledge.
Features of NPTEL online courses
- The course material available through NPTEL would be rich in content and discusses the topics in depth which will obviously increase the knowledge level of the faculties and students.
- Course contents will be useful for teacher training and through them improve the quality of students.
- No registration fee is required for enrollment of the online course.
- NO Travel/Accommodation required. The whole lecture content is available right at our DESKTOP
- No academic leave is required for attending the course, hence no disturbance to the regular duties.
- The registered participants either student or faculty have complete/anytime access to these video lectures.
- Interaction is available with Course Instructor/Teaching assistants/Other participants via an Online Forum during the entire short term course.
- Involves (a) weekly assignments and (b) end of the course examination thereby making the faculty exercise the learnt skills
- NPTEL frequently offers Online Certification Courses that are in great demand and well recognized by IITs/NITs and NASSCOM
NOC (NPTEL online certification)
NPTEL online certification exam is conducted frequently to award certificates in various offered courses. These certificated if done would be jointly issued by IIT and NPTEL and as it is recognized by IIT and NASSACOM both thus would carry weitage accordingly;
- The certificate would help in faculty QIP programs run by IIT for further higher education.
- Certificate earned will help in campus placement interviews.
- It helps in getting internships in industries.
The online certification course will run in both (even and odd) semester where students and faculties can join at max two courses at a time. The duration of the course would be 10 hours, 20 hours and 30 hours which will run for 4-5 weeks, 8 weeks and 12-14 weeks respectively.
NPTEL Local Chapter
In order to match the footsteps with the timeline Acropolis Institute of Technology & Research Indore has established NPTEL Chapter in the Institute. As to coordinate the NPTEL activities and online certification exams a single point of contact (SPOC) has been appointed. The SPOC is supposed to act as a link between NPTEL and Institute wherein his role is to disseminate relevant information amongst the students and faculty members across the institute, to identify the suitable mentors for various certification courses, periodical submission of assignments. Since its establishments the enrollments in various courses is very encouraging.
Local Chapter Contact Detail:
SPOC: Prof. Praveen Bhanodia
Mobile No: 8959945015
Course wise Certification Tally
|1||Infra Red Spectroscopy for Pollution Monitoring||1||0||1||0||0|
|2||Problem Solving through Programming in C||7||0||1||2||4|
|3||Programming in C++||21||0||2||13||6|
|4||Introduction to Programming in C||18||0||1||12||5|
|5||Programming, Data Structures and Algorithms using Python||4||0||2||2||0|
|6||The Joy of Computing using Python||5||3||2||0||0|
|7||Data Base Management Systems||7||0||4||3||0|
|8||Computer Networks and Internet Protocol||3||0||1||2||0|
|9||Introduction to Machine Learning||12||0||8||4||0|
|11||Introduction to Internet of Things||3||0||3||0||0|
|12||Blockchain Architecture Design and Use Cases||2||0||0||2||0|
|14||Computational Electromagnetics & Applications||1||0||0||1||0|
|17||English Language for Competitive Exams||1||0||0||1||0|
|19||Energy conservation and waste heat recovery||1||0||1||0||0|
|20||Design for Quality, Manufacturing and Assembly||1||0||0||1||0|
|21||Smart Materials and Intelligent System Design||1||0||0||0||1|
|24||Innovation, Business Models and Entrepreneurship||1||0||1||0||0|
Course wise Certification Tally
|1||Introduction to Modern Application Development||2||0||1||1||0|
|2||Problem Solving through Programming in C||34||1||13||17||3|
|3||Database Management System||3||0||3||0||0|
|4||Design and Analysis of Algorithms||7||0||5||2||0|
|5||Programming, Data Structures and Algorithms using Python||11||2||8||1||0|
|6||Programming, Data Structures and Algorithms using C||6||0||2||4||0|
|7||Data Science for Engineers||2||0||2||0||0|
|8||Principles of Signals and Systems||12||0||2||7||3|
|11||Advanced Fluid Mechanics||1||0||0||1||0|
July Dec 2017
Course Wise Certification Tally
|1||Design and analysis of algorithms||2||0||2||0||0|
|2||Privacy and Security in Online Social Media||1||0||1||0||0|
|3||Introduction to Modern Application Development||1||0||1||0||0|
|4||Introduction to Programming in C||8||0||3||4||1|
|5||Basic electrical circuits||1||0||0||1||0|
|6||Principles of Communication Systems: Part – II||1||0||0||0||1|
|7||Applied Electromagnetics For Engineers||5||0||1||4||0|
|8||Engineering fracture mechanics||1||0||0||1||0|